5 Reasons The Deadspin Brett Favre Story Is A Hoax
Only Deadspin could pull this BS off. Publish a story with so many holes in it a pack of elephants can run through it and have everyone hop on it like it is the gospel. Is this story believable? Sure, after the Tiger Woods scandal I wouldn’t put anything past an athlete. But that doesn’t mean you should believe this incredible hoax and here’s why.
1. The missing Crocs and Watch: In Deadspin’s original story about the Favre cock pics Editor AJ Daulerio mentions 2 photos in Sterger’s possession. The 1st described as him “masturbating while wearing a pair of Crocs“. And sadly I looked and I can say the man in the Deadspin video is definitely not wearing Crocs in any of the pics.
The second picture mentioned is described as “Favre is holding his penis while wearing the wristwatch he wore during his first teary-eyed retirement press conference” and in none of the pictures is the man they’re alleging to be Favre wearing a watch. It’s amazing to me how the watch can go as one of the focal points and the one thing that links the picture of the cock to Favre, to not even being mentioned in the most recent post.
So now that we know these aren’t the photos Sterger mentioned to Daulerio in their meeting, the question becomes…where did they come from?
2. The anonymous ”Third Party”: This is some third party. To have access to Sterger’s computer to get the tapes, pictures, and either her or Brett Favre’s secret MySpace account to get the pictures. And wouldn’t you think if someone was going to go through all that trouble to obtain all that information, they’d at least go to one of the major gossip outlets (TMZ, Radar Online) to sell their story for more money? Why Deadspin, who I’m sure is not paying more than those guys.
3. The MySpace Page: Daulerio never says that Sterger had received any Myspace messages in the original story, something you would think he would have mentioned. And to think Favre would take the time to create a fake email, then create a fake MySpace profile for the sole purpose of sending Sterger his number is ludicrous. He could have easily just done it all through this Winley character without the paper trail.
3. The MySpace Screenshots: Notice there are no screenshots of messages from Sterger, only from “Screaming Lord Byron”. And for Deadspin to even obtain those screenshots, them or their third party source had to have access to either Sterger’s or “Screaming Lord Byron” MySpace profile.
And since Sterger doesn’t seem willing to implicate Favre I doubt it was her. I guess someone could have accessed her profile, but then again it’s not like people go around giving up their Twitter and Facebook passwords to friends or even family. Could the screenshots have come from someone who knew of Favre’s secret “Screaming Lord Byron” MySpace account and and had the password? Probably not, that’s as unlikely as Favre having a secret MySpace account in the first place. Which leads me to believe they’re fake photoshops.
5. The Voicemails: I don’t have to say how easy it is to impersonate someones voice. Most of us out there can do at least one celebrity impersonation dead on, without taking “voice lessons”. And the tapes have obviously been cut and edited. If they were real I would like to here the date and time stamp on them saying when they were left to see if it matches the timeline.
Deadspin insinuates it would be hard to pull this off. Wrong! All you have to do is create some fake MySpace messages to Jenn Sterger using Photoshop, Indesign, or even Paint. Throw in some random guy that worked for the Jets name. Record a distorted voicemail message in a Brett Favre voice. Grab some cock shots off the internet or take some of yourself.
You might ask why would someone go through all this trouble because they knew some sucker out there (Deadspin) and all the rest of you would eat it up. They did it for the money. To become a legend. Shit if I was thinking I would have done it. Will I ever be able to prove this was all a hoax, probably not.
Only three people out there really know the truth…Brett Favre, Jenn Sterger, and Favre’s wife (because I’m sure she can recognize his cock). And barring any sudden divorce or press conference where she says, “that is not my husbands cock”, I doubt we’ll ever know.
It’s just too bad for Jenn Sterger though. She went from being the girl with the big boobs, to the Brett Favre cock girl.